Peepers

Saturday 10 July 2010

"Back till it"

It's been a while since I posted anything new on here. I sort of turned this blog in to a historical
picture archive of Mil'thrup and ended up short of material to post and comment about.
Never fear over the last 18 months more photos and post cards have come my way and will soon be here for you to look at and comment on please. Oh and by the way if anyone out there has any old and interesting photos of Milnthorpe PLEASE let me have them so I can scan them.
We are in an interesting time, we know very little of what happened 200 years ago,what we do know is gleaned from records,diary's etc. Our time here will be well documented,not only historical events but individual lives will be laid bare for all to see, no painting to record events but live footage (Is that the right terminology for the digital age ?). So what about the recent past,some of us have lived through quite a few decades,decades when cameras where for holidays and weddings ..But some of you must have pictures,Pictures of the early days of the Carnival for instance, Lets get these images saved so that in 200 years the people of Mil'thru can see that it was a "grand l'al spot" to live. If you have something for me th'a nar's where to find me.

No comments: